Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Oh my goodness i am so sorry i haven`t written in a while! these last few weeks have been NUTS!

I finally finished my two projects that i needed to complete while here in Jinotega! last week i pulled my hair out and whipped them out all at once! I didn`t want to be stressed this last week!

But let`s see....school and Los Pipitos has been the same old same old! I`ve done a lot of random things since the last time i wrote...so sorry i can`t really recall what i`ve done.

I`ve been hanging out with these 2 girls from New York who are doing service here with the family that teaches my host sisters english...wow that was confusing. Yeah but it`s been fun getting to know them and have some English in my life! haha... we`ve played a lot of games...gotten our nails done...and learned some NIcaraguan folklore.....good times.

The deaf community here has also been crazy. The school and daycare that cares for the deaf students brought down their coordinator from Oklahoma where an organization funds and helps run this certain house. Her name is Karen and she is the most interesting and wild person ever! I just love her. She is originally from Sweden but has been in Oklahoma for 5 years and is fluent in spanish and now knows sign language after 2 weeks! I`ve only seen her a couple times but she can sure talk your ear off but i love it! I also have learned so muchg more about the deaf community and their home from her which has been awesome! i can explain it better later! But a big group of about 20 other people came down to paint, do construction, and perform tests and medical assistants for the kids which is really awesome! so many white people here...it`s weird...which is weird that it`s weird....haha

let`s see...My family and i have been exchanging gifts and my money is flying out the window...so if you feel like making a donation to the ashley fund...i will be eternly grateful...haha

I`ve also loved how close i have gotten with the people and my family since being here...I laugh so much and it makes me sad to think i am leaving them all so soon! But it makes me realize how bad i want to come back...and SOON please!

But don`t worry...i am a little more happy than sad because i get to come home so soon! These 3 months flew by didn`t they? I can hardly believe it!

but the rest of the week looks like this....

Today is club day at los pipitos in the afternoon and i`m pretty sure they are throwing us a going away party...actually i am positive they are...so bring on the pinata!

then later tonight i am going to english class with my sisters for the last time :( pretty sad...but i`ll takes lots of pictures to remember my new friends

then tomorrow is a normal day of class in the morning and sports in the afternoon. then i am getting my nails done....haha

then friday is the last day! eek...i have class in the morning then i am going by the deaf house for the last time to see all the progress that happened this week and to say good bye...how sad

then i am making some delicious tacos at my house for my going away party with my family. Funny how i am making my own food for my own party...haha...but they know i like to cook so it`s fine by me! then somehow i have to pack all my stuff...nearly impossible....then the next morning jesse and i leave bright and early at 6 for our first homes! we`ll meet up with the rest of our group, stop by my family`s house and then we all head to Laguna de apoyo for a little weekend getaway before we travel home!

There we will hang out...present our final projects and get all antsy because 2 days later we will be on a plane back home! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH....can you tell that i am excited! Tuesday morning i leave nicaragua at about 6:45....get into miami at i don`t know when...wait for 2 hours then fly to chicago...then wait another 2 hours for the arrival of peru (if their flight is on time ofcourse....let`s hope so....then drive the 3 hours back to goshen where everyone awaits our arrival...i am nervous just writing about it now!

but as excited as i may seem...i am indeed sad to leave this place that has become a second home to me. The people have been absolutely awesome and i couldn`t have asked for a better experience! i can`t wait to show you all my pictures and reflect on all the things i did! but wish me safe travels and pray as well....

I will see you all so soon and thank you so much for all the support! It helped me so much!

Well...i guess this is it! wow.....

Love you all
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment