Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh hey!

Sorry all for not writing in a long time! It has been hard since i don`t have any trip or exciting things to write about. I do the same things everyday!

Want to hear what I do? of course you do!

Well i head to class at the special school....stand around until i am told what to do. Then I help with the deaf classes or with the little terrors (i like to call them). There is dance class a lot so that is kind of fun. Then I head out to lunch at my house, maybe take a nap. Hang out with my fam in the store we run out of house....eat a lot of bread. oh do i eat bread. My mom makes it fresh to sell and I am always getting what i want. It`s probably not good for my health and my host dad says i am going to get fat. It`s funny. But who cares! only 4 more weeks! then i sadly will have no delicious breads....except for the homemade bread Jordan`s mom makes...that is delicious! (thanks barb and john).

Then I go to Los pipitos at 2...sit around a lot and then do crafts, or dance, or any random thing. Jesse and I are working on a brochure for them now so that helps to fill in the days when there is nothing for us to do. Then I head home and either work on homework, watch soap operas, hang out in the store, play dutch blitz with Sonia and Karen, or go to Englsih class. English class has been fun lately because there are 2 girls from the states doing service with the family that teaches the class. It`s nice to get to know them and talk in english ofcourse. I`ve also been getting some special treatment with pedicures and manicures from a friend of sonia and karen. I love it!

This week was also a celebration for kids and we had a big parade in the streets! it was fun and there were TONS of kids but it was probably the hottest day since i`ve been here and i was wearing jeans and the sun scolded my skin! oh well. I got some frescas and shade after we walked the streets for 2 hours! but those canons...i will never get used to them

Let`s see....the rest of the week and next week there is no class in the mornings! it`s there vacation which is perfect timing for jesse and I but will probably make for a long week with not much to do. oh well....i can work out, work on my project, and just relax!

Also, Gwen and Delena are visiting next week so it will be good to see them again! And this saturday jesse and I are headed to Matagalpa to meet up with five other Goshen students! It will be SO GREAT to see them again! So i`ll let you know how that went later!

um...not a whole lot more...and i don`t think i will have a lot more stories from service...just little things. and yes alli and lindsey...I have gotten the preaching from Jose about every 5 minutes! And he doesn`t like to go to Los pipitos anymore! i don`t blame him...they do nothing!

As far as everyone else...Jamie- i`m glad you are having fun! can`t wait to hear about your summer!

My kulp south lovelys and more- I miss you all and can`t wait to dance it up in the Apt!

Mom and dad...hold down the fort for me and send whit my loving this weekend!

John and barb- good luck on your bike trip and can`t wait to hear about it! but be safe!

Jordan- rock out hard this week and become famous! I`m sure some huge label will want you guys in a flash :) and can`t wait to talk to you monday!

and Happy fourth of july this saturday!

love you all!

Ash

2 comments:

  1. i can so relate. My word... :)
    there is so much bread. YES!
    and the little terrors. Holy cow, YES! Aren't they out of control?!!

    haha. I miss you.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello my dear.. I miss you!!

    I can't wait to be able to swap stories and pictures! We both choose some beautiful places to be able to photograph. :)

    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete