Friday, June 26, 2009

well hola!

Welp`welp welp...guess what! as of today...I have 4 weeks left here in Jinotega and 4 and a half weeks left in Nicaragua total! Where has all the time gone! I believe that the next 4 weeks will fly by with all the projects and journals I still have to do for Gwen and Lisa...Boo. It does keep me from getting bored!

Well let´s see....it´s kind of hard to write journals lately because of all th random things that go on each day....but this week at the special needs school we have celebrated Father´s day and teacher´s day! both holidays call for fiestas, dancing, and cake at school and I`m pretty certain there is no school monday and tuesday, but sometimes it`s hard to tell! spanish is still hard....and spanish sign language is even harder.

But this week I have done random things like make cards for the teachers and my favorite time this week was when I helped with the young kids at the school....i was practically pulling monkeys and insects off the wall as they screamed and kicked. That was an adventure. um....I had a very good conversation with 2 of the deaf professors about life here in Nicaragua and in the states. It was a very good conversation and i can`t really sum it up here. Ask me about it!

um what else...oh last night jesse, my sisters, 4 deaf professors from the school, and I went out dancing. It was a really fun time. I got a lot of practice in with Salsa and Marengue....and the deaf men can dance! it`s outstanding how much better they were than all the other people who could actually hear the music. It`s interesting to think about how much you can feel loud bass bumps and such without actually being able to hear. Mind boggling i know!

But tomorrow I am cooking for the fam and doing some more laundry! that stuff is hard to do by hand! and i will write a better blog soon i promise! but just letting you know i am doing great and loving it here....but also love thinking about coming home! Don`t miss me too much!

also...RIP Michael Jackson....

Love you all and HAPPY FATHER`S DAY

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment