Monday, June 8, 2009

ONE MORE WEEK....until service that is!

So the time has finally come for me to start packing up my little life in Diriamba and moving on to bigger and better things! or at least i hope so!

but before that....there are a lot of things to do! This past weekend I had a very relaxing fun time that was great for my last weekend here! Saturday....most of the group went to Hurtylandia which is a water park! i know who would have thought! granted it was only a big pool with one slide but it was SO much fun! we had some good bonding time with the group before everyone heads out all over the country! Then later that day I watched some movies, had cow tongue for dinner, and got roped into doing a Nicaraguan folk dance with my sisters for the going away party on Thursday.

I`ll talk more about that later! But then sunday, I watched approximately 4 movies and a half.....2 were in English :) and did a lot of homework for this week! Thursday is our final exam and 10 minute presentation! i don`t think it will be hard to talk in spanish for 10 minutes because i talk sooooooo slow! haha. And thursday is the Despedida! Which is our festive going away party! should be a fun time since i am doing a folk dance with one of the huge skirts!

Let`s see....yes! then Friday morning I leave for the small country town in the mountains called Jinotega where the breeze is cool and the people are welcoming! sounds like a salespitch or something! but I will be living with a whole new family in a whole new town! EEK! Jesse Heyerly and I will be working with Los Pepitos for their sports and recreation time! we are excited about that...because we both play sports and weren`t really wanting to teach or anything like that!

So that`s exciting! but i am really spacy right now and have a ton of stuff to do this week so sorry this blog isn`t as good as the others! but i will be writing one more before I leave on friday so be looking for that!

Love you all!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment